Linear Technology introduces over 53 µModule (micromodule) power products with SnPb BGA packages, targeting applications where the use of tin-lead soldering is preferred, such as in defense, avionics and heavy equipment industries. A µModule point-of-load regulator with SnPb BGA package simplifies PC board assembly for suppliers in these industries by providing:
- Surface mount vs through-hole PCB assembly.
- Complete, encapsulated DC/DC regulator circuit in one BGA package vs high component-count, unverified discrete solution.
- 100% tested point-of-load regulator solutions vs requiring verification and supervision of discrete circuit point-of-load regulator solutions.
- Simpler cleaning under the µModule BGA package due to higher standoff compared to flat LGA or QFN packages.
- Reflow temperature identical to the other tin-lead components on the PCB vs higher temperature required for point-of-load regulators with Pb-free solder paste.
µModule power products with SnPb BGA packages are offered in four DC/DC converter categories: (1) step-down or buck converters with single and multiple outputs, (2) buck-boost converters, (3) isolated converters, and (4) converters with PMBus digital telemetry with READ and WRITE data capability.
Looking for parts? Go to SourceESB.