LVDS serializer saves up to 83 percent board space and supports HD resolutions
The SN75LVDS83B is the first LVDS serializer that connects directly to 1.8-V powered processors. Using FlatLink technology, the SN75LVDS83B eliminates the need for a costly level shifter when using 1.8-V and 2.5-V logic interfaces, lowering cost and reducing board space by up to 83 percent. The SN75LVDS83B supports 8-bit color and serializes RGB data. It then consolidates 24 data lines into one LVDS clock and four LVDS data pairs, which connect to LCD modules. For product details visit: www.ti.com/sn75lvds83b-pr.
The SN75LVDS83B supports applications such as netbooks, mobile Internet devices, digital picture frames and others where an LVDS link from a processor to the LCD module is required. The SN75LVDS83B supports a very broad pixel frequency range from 10 MHz up to high-definition (HD) screen resolutions of 135 MHz. The device is compatible with numerous processors, including OMAP35x applications processors and digital media processors based on DaVinci technology.
Key features and benefits
• Connects directly to any TTL level from 1.8 V to 3.3 V, eliminating the need for additional components
• Eliminates the level shifter, lowering cost by more than one dollar and reducing board space by up to 83 percent with the BGA package, and up to 39 percent with the TSSOP package
• 135-MHz pixel clock supports HD screen resolutions
Availability and pricing
The SN75LVDS83B is available now in a 56-pin TSSOP priced at $2.60, and a 56-ball BGA package priced at $2.80. The SN75LVDS83A is available in the 56-pin TSSOP package only. The SN75LVDS83A has a maximum frequency of 100 MHz, supports only 3.3-V input levels and is priced at $2.10. All prices are for quantities of 1,000 units.
Find out more about the SN75LVDS83B/A by visiting these links:
• SN75LVDS83B evaluation modules and samples: www.ti.com/sn75lvds83b-pr
• Interface Selection Guide: www.ti.com/interface-pr
• TI’s E2E online design community: http://www.ti.com/e2e-pr