Intersil Corporation announced the ISL8225M, the industry's first 30A fully-encapsulated power module. The ISL8225M features the industry's highest power density and dramatically simplifies the design of high-performance board-mounted power solutions.
The ISL8225M can deliver up to 100W output power from a small 17mm square PCB footprint. The two 15A outputs may be used independently or combined to deliver a single 30A output. Current sharing and phase interleaving allow up to six modules to be paralleled for 180A output capability. Excellent efficiency and low thermal resistance permit full power operation without heat sinks or fans.
Designing a high-performance board-mounted power supply has never been simpler -- only a few external components are needed to create a very dense and reliable power solution. And the QFN package with external leads permits easy probing and visual solder inspection.
- Dual 15A or single 30A output from a 17mm square PCB footprint
- 4.5V to 20V input voltage range
- 0.6V to 6V output voltage range
- Up to six modules may be paralleled to support 180A output current
- Full power operation without heat sinks or fans
- Exposed QFN package leads permit easy probing and visual solder inspection
The ISL8225M is currently available in a 17mm x 17mm QFN package with prices starting at $48.85 each in 500-unit quantities.