Seiko Instruments' S-8225A/B series provides overcharge and overdischarge protection of Lithium-Ion rechargeable cells.
Seiko Instruments' S-8225A/B series provides overcharge and overdischarge protection of Lithium-Ion rechargeable cells. It includes high-accuracy voltage detectors with delay times to monitor the status of 3-cells to 5-cells by switching voltage level of SEL1 and SEL2 pins. The S-8225A series is able to provide protection to 6-cells or more by cascade connection. The high accuracy detection (±20mV @ 25°C) and low current consumption (22µA max.) makes it ideal for power sensitive applications.
- High-accuracy voltage detection function for each cell
- Overcharge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 5) 3.5 V to 4.4 V (50 mV step)
- Accuracy ±20 mV (Ta = +25°C), ±30 mV (Ta = 0°C to +60°C)
- S-8225A - Overdischarge detection voltage 2.0 V to 3.2 V (100 mV step) with ±80 mV Accuracy
- S-8225B - Overdischarge detection voltage 2.2 V to 3.2 V (100 mV step) with ±80 mV Accuracy
- Overcharge detection delay time and overdischarge detection delay time can be set by external capacitor.
- Switchable between 3-serial to 5-serial cell combinations
- Cascade connection is available - S-8225A
- High-withstand voltage element Absolute maximum rating: 28 V
- Wide operation voltage range 4 V to 26 V
- Wide operation temperature range Ta = -40°C to +85°C
- $1.69 at 10,000 pieces
Seiko Instruments USA
Part Number: S-8225A/B