(Image courtesy of Semtech).
Semtech Corporation announced the µClamp® 3381P, a single-line, 3.3V surge rated transient voltage suppression (TVS) device for safeguarding industrial and consumer interfaces against transient voltage threats.
The µClamp3381P achieves an unmatched surge/silicon area ratio offering 25A (8x20µs) surge immunity in an ultra-small 1.0 x 0.6 mm package. This surge handling performance is critical for safeguarding industrial data links to reliably transport data in harsh environments, including Internet of Things (IoT) end nodes, LCD televisions and display banners, tablets, surveillance cameras and optical modules.
Built on Semtech's industry-leading process technology, the µClamp3381P outperforms current industry solutions with nearly ideal ESD clamping characteristics. The dynamic resistance of the µClamp3381P is only 0.025 W, making the I-V curve characteristics of the device close to that of an ideal diode.
- Transient protection for high-speed data lines to: IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD) ±30kV (air), ±30kV (contact); IEC 61000-4-4 (EFT) 40A (5/50ns); IEC 61000-4-5 (Lightning) 25A (8/20µs)
- 3.3V working voltage protection
- High surge capability: 25A (tp=8/20µs)
- Protects 1 I/O line
- Low capacitance (<35 pF line-to-line)
- Small 1.0 x 0.6 x 0.5mm package
- Pb Free and RoHS/WEEE compliant
The µClamp3381P is available in production quantities and is priced at $0.26 each in 10,000-piece lots.